For information about certification eligibility criteria, see our article on standards.
Subscribers in good standing with Service Provider (“You”) shall be granted a limited, non-transferable, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, and revocable license to use the Service Provider Certification Seal defined and referenced below, subject to the following terms and conditions. Terms capitalized and not defined herein are defined in Service Provider’s Terms of Service Agreement. These guidelines may change as Service Provider grows and evolves, so please check back regularly for updates and changes.
SameWorks Certification Seal Logo
In accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein, You may use the our Certification Seal logo in accordance with the guidelines and acceptable uses referenced below. The term, “Certification Seal” means the logo referenced above and serves as a seal of approval for your employee compensation practices from an equal pay standpoint. Additionally, and subject to the terms and conditions set forth below, if we provide advertising and marketing materials to You under any of our marketing programs, and such materials contain the “Certification Seal” logo, then You may use the Logo in connection with such materials to advertise and market our Services.
Guidelines and Certification Seal Acceptable Uses
The download and use of the Certification Seal logo kit is conditioned upon the following guidelines and acceptable uses:
You may not use the Certification Seal obtained from any source other than us, and shall not modify or alter the Certification Seal in any way. You may only use the Certification Seal in strict accordance with the current version of our graphic standards (including acceptable use guidelines referenced below). We reserve the right to modify these standards and guidelines from time to time.
You shall not use the Certification Seal in connection with any activity that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, disparages our Services (as determined solely by Service Provider), or that in any way infringes the Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of any person or entity.
You shall not use the Certification Seal in any manner that is likely to create the impression that You are a legal partner, affiliate, or franchisee of us, or are otherwise related to us. You will clearly and prominently identify itself in your offers, advertising, marketing, promotional materials, and on your business cards, stationery (including e-mail signatures), and your website.
You agree to use the Certification Seal only in connection with your business and solely to advertise and promote our Certification Seal. You shall not use or display the Certification Seal on your invoices, bills, or shipping memos.
You expressly acknowledge that We own all rights in and to the Certification Seal, and agree that You will not contest the validity of our rights, either during or after the license term. If, at any time, You acquire any rights in, or servicemark or trademark registrations or applications for the Certification Seal or any of our servicemarks or trademarks or domain names by operation of law or otherwise, You will immediately and at no expense to us assign such rights, registration or applications to Us, along with any and all associated goodwill. You will indemnify and hold us harmless against any and all claims, actions, or demands relating to its business activities or the use of the Certification Seal in connection with such activities or otherwise.
We may immediately suspend or terminate your right to use the Certification Seal for violation of any of these terms and conditions, or any terms and conditions governing the provision of our Services, or for any other reason that we deem appropriate. Upon such suspension or termination, You shall immediately cease use of the Certification Seal or any similar mark, name, or logo, including, without limitation, any name or mark containing the term “Same Role Same Pay” or “SameWorks”.
Except as expressly set forth herein, You may not use the Certification Seal in any manner and We grant You no other rights. In addition, You may not use any other of our logos, servicemarks or trademarks, or intellectual property. We may periodically audit You to verify compliance of the Certification Seal usage and may determine during audit that if You have not met the requirements of these terms and conditions, You shall be notified of noncompliance, at which time You will immediately cease the use of the Certification Seal until the situation has been remedied.
You recognize and acknowledge that your breach of these terms and conditions will cause us irreparable harm for which monetary damages will be inadequate. You agree that We shall be entitled to an injunction to restrain You from such breach or threatened breach. Nothing in this section shall be construed as preventing us from pursuing any remedy at law or in equity for any breach or threatened breach of these terms and conditions.
You agree that trademarks, service marks, trade or company names, product and service identifications, internet domains/internet addresses, logos, artwork and other symbols and devices associated with our Services (“Service Provider Marks”) are and shall remain our property. Without limiting the foregoing, You will not file any servicemark or trademark applications or attempt to register a servicemark or trademark containing the Service Provider Marks and will not use the Service Provider Marks in search engine advertising, either as a keyword or in advertisements appearing on search engines or in email addresses, without our prior written permission. Additionally, You may not register or use any domain name or business name containing or confusingly similar to any Service Provider Marks. You will not incorporate the Certification Seal or any other Service Provider servicemark or trademark into your product or service names, company names, domain names, or any other similar designations. Your use of the Certification Seal inures to the sole benefit of Us.
Other applicable guidelines include:
- You cannot use our Certification Seal on any company or subsidiary for which we have not audited and certified your employee data.
- If You are a multinational company, You may only claim You are certified in locales we have audited and certified.
- No third parties may be referenced in accordance with our Certification Seal without our prior written consent.
- If You are not yet certified, You cannot make any claims that you have passed certification, including placing our Certification Seal on any digital or physical properties or packaging.
- If You are no longer authorized pursuant to these guidelines and in good standing with our Services as determined solely by us, You may not claim that you are certified, and can no longer use our Certification Seal on any digital or physical properties or packaging.
- If You had a lapse in certification, you cannot claim contiguous certification, such as “Certified since x date”, where there is a lapse in that period.
- If You are acquired, or acquire another company, or spun off, You cannot claim that the new parent company, or new subsidiary is certified. In this event, we suggest you contact us to arrange for an updated certification to cover in entirety of the new entity.
- You may not alter the appearance of our Certification Seal or any other assets provided in the kit or found on our website, without our consent.
- You may not alter or amend any quotes or written content we provide You without our consent.
When certified We encourage you to:
- display our Certification Seal proudly on your website, and the websites of job boards where You post open roles.
- hot-link your certification page on our site.
- use our Certification Seal on consumer packaging.
- use our Certification Seal when advertising your products or services, including TV commercials, print or online ads, and social media campaigns.
- discuss it on television and radio interviews.
- use the Certification Seal to explain its use, as long as there will not be confusion with the Certification Seal.
- tell your friends, and ask, “Is your company SameWorks certified? Ours is!”
- to ask us to provide quotes and statements to the media or for your own marketing purposes.
- ask us to participate in interviews concerning your company.
- scale our Certification Seal for size to fit on packaging, but must not clip off or remove any portion of the Certification Seal in doing so.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Provider reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.